
Okay, so this morning as I was eating my breakfast, I felt inclined to question my decency. You see, I was eating a bowl of Raisin Bran accompanied by some grapes of the purplish variety. And as I was looking at my meal and remembering the relationship between the raisins and grapes, I wondered how they would feel if they could think and feel. Initially, I felt that the raisins would be jealous of the grapes because of the juicy, youthful plumpness thereof. Then, I tried to think of how the grapes would feel and recognized the potential pain inherent in seeing their counterparts who had reached a ripe old age that they would never know. I just felt mean to catalyze potential pain for each in the presence of the other. Poor grapes and raisins. It's bad enough that they were about to be masicated and mutilized. But I went and potentially added insult to injury. Except that they don't have feelings or thoughts. And I'm still a good person.
2 comments:
Hi from one of your "raisin" wrinkly "old friends are the best freinds". Thanks for my birthday call last week!
Also I'm proud to say I have been priveledged to have listened to one of your roadtrip CDs!
Love ya,
JuDene
You have always been so thoughtful.
Post a Comment