Thursday, April 23, 2009

AZ Roadtrippin'

A’ight.  So there are a few Ellsworth roadtrip traditions.  Primarily, we just typically don’t talk in the car.  During the last 10 hour car ride from Provo to Mesa we probably spent a cumulative total of less than 5 minutes speaking.  And that is between any and all of the four Ellsworth college coeds we had in the car.    The other tradition fills the auditory void left by tradition number one.  We listen to music.  Well, that or conference talks or books on tape.  But in our older years it has turned to music.  Specifically, and this is the tradition part, the girls come up with a playlist for a roadtrip CD.  Nor usually comes up with the bulk of the ideas for the playlist, Kris and itunes comes up with the music, and I come up with a catchy name for the CD.  And I contribute a few ideas as well.  Our first CD was the MexMix for our roadtrip to a family reunion in Mexico.  Then there was Cabin Classics for a family vacation to the Cabin.  Then The Day After Tomorrow.  And now, our newest feature: AZ Roadtrippin’ for the upcoming trip down to Mesa.  It’s going to be amazing.  The featured tracks were selected for specific reasons.  Granted, some of those reasons are that either Nor or I really like them.  But for the most part the playlist tells a story.  A story of heading home to the valley of the sun.  A story of cousins getting married.  A story of my brother bringing his girlfriend Sherry home.  A story of graduations, of Kristi being away on tour, of cabin trips, and of slumber parties with scorpion hunts and other goodness.  It’s going to be a good trip.  And a great ride.  I hope Jeff doesn’t control the radio and skip all the songs.

AZ Roadtrippin’

1. Here Comes the Sun

2. Bless Yore Beautiful Hide by Howard Keel

3. Sherry by Frankie Vallie & the Four Seasons

4. The New Girl In Town from Hairspray

5. I’m Yours by Jason Mraz

6. Country Roads by John Denver

7. Home by Daughtry

8. Put Your Records On by Corinne Bailey Rae

9. Stalking Song by InsideOut

10. (They Long to Be) Close to You by The Carpenters

11. Marry Me by Dolly Parton

12. All-American Girl by Carrie Underwood

13. Somewhere Out There from An American Tail

14. Single Ladies by Beyonce

15. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper

16. Love Story by Taylor Swift

17. Walk Like a Man by Four Seasons

18. Catch My Disease by Ben Lee

19. I Wanna Go Home by Michael Buble

20. 1234 by Feist

21. For Good from Wicked

22. Love at Home Rap

4 comments:

Rosalyn Francis said...

clever, entertaining. Can I come?

Anna said...

walk like a man
catch my disease....?

Any particular reason for those two?

Allison said...

Um...well, I just like "Walk Like a Man" and the song "Sherry" reminded me of it since both are by Four Seasons. And as for the second...um...Nor was a little sick when we made the list.

Shannon said...

I have a blog now. Add me as a friend, or whatever that is called. And update yours