Saturday, September 19, 2009

So I haven't written about my chacos for while. But I assure you that they are still a significant part of my life. I was wearing them yesterday. And I started to feel bad that they had been largely confided within academic buildings as I studied, worked and met with some classmates that day. But I still had considerable amounts of reading to do, so I tried to find an adequate compromise that accommodated my chacos' felt need for nature and my felt need to read hundreds of pages of books and articles on campus before the GSS BBQ.

I decided to try studying on the roof of the JFSB. I love that building. So I found a nice view, a nice bench, and a nice planter type thing. I sat on said bench, propped up my feet so that my chacos were touching the greenery, and looked out at the beautiful mountains upon which trees are starting to change to beautiful, rich, fall colors, with the Provo Temple, the MTC, and most of campus also within my view. Twas lovely.

I started contemplating where to start with my readings. Among the reading resources I had in my backpack that I could work on I could either commence in reading 5 chapters (130 pages) of a book due Wednesday, or 4 academic articles (51 pages) due Tuesday. It was then that I became aware of how much I enjoy reading academic articles. Weird. I told myself that I would first read a chapter from the book, and then I would treat myself to an article. So I did.

Well, started too. I read one chapter, started an article, and then decided to take a nap on my bench. So I did. Until it started raining ever so slightly. I felt the sporadic drops of wetness and gazed upward only to find that there weren't even clouds directly above me, so I refused to get up and my nap was perpetuated another 15 minutes. Then I went and stood in the sunlight for a while so that my chacos could get some sun. And then I returned them back to the plant for them to touch. Then I opened my article back up, but then called home instead.

So...I'm boring. And perhaps a little fatuous (that means silly; I learned that word today because it was my M-W's word of the day). Okay, bye.

No comments: