Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Oh my weariness

Okay, so grad school has started to kick my trash. I still thoroughly love it, but I come home absolutely weary and ready to go to bed at 8:00. Except that I can't go to bed because I still have readings and assignments to do by my 8:30am class the next morning. So tired. But life is so good. I started to doing observations which are so interesting! And I love my classes. And readings are interesting. Except for chapter 6 for the Gurman text. That was just plain confusing. And in my practicum class today we were able to practice evocative empathy and mirroring and other basic skills, and it was so fun, and I felt so competent. My partner in one of the activities complimented me saying I was naturally gifted and otherwise wonderful with what we were doing, and that validation just make my day.

Also noteworthy, I saw my brother and sister-in-law tonight and the new grad student dinner. I love them. A lot.

Oh, and I dropped my sister off at the MTC. Yay Kris! I'm so excited for her. She's a good one. I'm excited for my missionary sister!

1 comment:

Cherry and Noah said...

Oh how I miss you!! Hang in there! School's hard but so worth it...can't wait till I have my degree! Yippee!