Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Just stuff

If my aptitude for remembering obscure dates serves me correctly, today is the 14th anniversary of The Family: A Proclamation to the World. Also, I think that today is the birthday of Emily Petersen, a girl who was in my Laurel class about 8 years ago. Back in 2002 I had the birthdays and phone numbers of the entire Young Womens roster memorized. A few details linger.

If you are ever being interviewed on camera and think that it would be cute, funny or in any way a good idea to stuff a bunch of chips in your mouth, start chewing them, and then get right up in front of the camera and reveal the contents of your mouth, you're wrong. It's not cute, funny, or a good idea. It's gross and immature.

One of my professors used the term "emotional constipation" in class today. Sometimes I wonder if I struggle with that. Then I see people eat chips with their mouth open and realize that I am capable of mild anger.

I love it when my eggs still have straw or chicken feathers from the chicken coop from whence it was gathered on them. The two eggs I used to make my french toast for dinner were such eggs. I smiled as I cracked them.

I was working with a classmate on a written summary to accompany a class presentation. I noticed that I was pretty picky and difficult. It reminded me of when I was in seventh grade and friends would write me notes and I would edit them for spelling and grammar. I think that might have been one of the reasons I didn't have friends in Jr. High. I'm trying to learn to not be so anal.

1 comment:

C Tam said...

I love french toast for dinner.