Well, since Alicia, Anna and Valerie all did this picture tag thing, I figured that I might as well do it too. So the idea was to go into the pictures on your computer and open the fourth folder and select the fourth picture and then post it and write about it. So here goes. And the winner is...
Just in case the nametag doesn't give it away, this is a picture from my mission. This would have been taken around October of 2006, I believe. I was serving with Sister Thorpe and Sister Ellerbeck in Coppell. Here we are doing service at Kristy's house. We painted her bathroom. It was fabulous.
Kristy was one of the members of the ward there. She was and is amazing! She had joined the church when she was about 18 years old but had fallen inactive a few year later. She had started attending church just a little bit before I was transferred into the area. Her reactivation story is a great one, so I shall share it with you.
After falling away from the gospel, Kristy continued to exercise her faith in Christ by attending a non-denomination Christian church. She was content enough with this for many years. She was successful as a real estate agent and enjoyed an active social life. She is one of those people that you naturally like and enjoy being around because she is such a happy, upbeat, validating person. Plus she has the cutest Southern accent of all time.
Well, one day she was responding to a real estate call. The woman had told her that she would leave the key under the mat so that she could let herself in to look around. She came. She entered. And she soon recognized signs of a Latter-day family. And, she felt something vaguely familiar. It felt peaceful and good. She soon recognized it as the Spirit. She was soon overwhelmed. She sat down on the couch overwhelmed with emotion and memories. And she was still there two hours later when the homeowner returned. And they talked for several hours. And Kristy started coming to the ward and meeting with the missionaries. She was one of our greatest member missionaries and would go with us to lessons and was amazing. I've heard that she went through the temple some time after I'd returned from the mission. And that is the story of that picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment