Friday, November 14, 2008

The future

In most ways, I don't know what the future holds from me. There are definitely more questions than answers as I anticipate what is ahead of me. There are lots of questions: Will the police find the guy who messed up my car? Will I get into graduate school? When will I meet my prince charming? I don't know when I'll know the answers to those questions, but some day I will. And that is good enough for now.

Today I received answers to two other questions: When will I graduate and what will I do next summer? Well, I pretty much already knew that I would graduate in April. But today I applied for graduation so the reality of it has set in more than ever before. In five months, I will be a graduate of Brigham Young University. Kinda weird. But exciting. And empowering. And then what? Well, for starters, I'm going back to India. I just got a phone call from Jay and Ashley telling me that they have chosen to hire me on as the field facilitator for the next Spring/Summer group. And I'm excited. So I know at least some of what life holds for me up until next August. And it involves a diploma, an elephant ride, and at least a few Bollywood movies. Life is good.

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Don't forget naked monks.

I'm glad you know what you know. Yay!

Anna said...

Naked monks? Oh wait. Now I remember. Not a normal thing I try to remember everyday.

I am so excited for you. Graduation! You are so prepared for anything that comes your way.

And India! So great! I wish I could go with you!!

Ashley Seil Smith said...

i'm so excited for you =)

Unknown said...

Thanks Valerie, one of my first thoughts too. It is great that you'll be done with school, at least the undergrad stuff. And back to India! Hope you don't get sick this time.