I don't like fear. I recognize that there is some good in it. But I perceive it as being ultimately a negative thing. Fear was the first consequence of the Fall. It is a tool of the adversary that prevents progress. There have been many times where I have let a fear of failure or a fear to offend, or just plain old fear of the unknown prevent me from putting forth an effort, and therefore kept me from gaining experience, insight and potential progress in whatever the situation. I could go on about this for a while...but I really do need to write that paper. Okay, bye.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Fear
Just for the record, I've noticed that I have a newly acquired fear of being in a moving vehicle at night. I first noticed this last night. I was in the backseat of Krystin's car, which is named Fred. Krystin and Abby were dropping me off at the temple on their way to Institute. I hadn't been in a car since Saturday night. And every vehicle I saw, ever set of headlights, and even just random objects on the side of the road inspired fear. They all seemed to be dangers with the potential of inflicting damage. Which I suppose they are in a way, but what a horrible perspective to take. In an attempt to face my fears, I decided to drive my car to campus this evening to do some homework. It was frightening. I was constantly aware of Saturday night's incident. The flapping of the duct-tape-secured garbage bag was a perpetual reminder. It was also an extension of my blind spot. It was such a stressful driving experience! But I don't want to live in fear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I still tense up when I hear squealing brakes, and my accident was....hmmm...5 years ago? Something like that.
Post a Comment