So late Thursday night I decided to come home for the weekend. Also on Thursday night I found out that my older sister was getting married the following day. The two events are related. So I'm in Arizona right now, sitting at the family computer in the kitchen, surrounded by a lot of quasi-familiar sights. And some not so familiar sights, like the new phone and the print out of a page from "America's Horse Daily". It's been a nice little visit. Highlights include, but are not limited to:
-Attending Emily & Scott's sealing
-Spending time with my parents and siblings
-Spending time with my grandparents
-Sleeping on an air matterss in the Bishop's office
-Mom making Danish hotcakes for breakfast
-Having Dallin give me a tour of the new barn
-Seeing High School Musical 3 with my family (pictures forthcoming)
-Visiting with JuDene for a few hours
-Attending Saturday evening session of stake conference
But yeah, I love Arizona. It's been nice to be home and with family. Tomorrow I'll be on the road with Jeff, Kris and Nor heading back to good ol' Utah. Oh, and another perk of Arizona. The temperatures are high (in the 90s) and the gas prices are lower (249). I was really excited to see that gas was at 249. I could resume my name-the-hymn-number-that-corresponds-with-the-gas-price game. Called to Serve. I don't think I've seen it that low since I was serving in Killeen back in early 2006. Good times.
2 comments:
When I read your name that hymn based off the gas price game, I had to laugh to myself because my in-laws have a hymn number game that you might find amusing. It's called "hymn math." It's easiest to explain with an example. Mike's dad would ask something like "What is 'Scatter Sunshine' divided by 'The Spirit of God' plus 'Lead, Kindly Light' minus 'For All the Saints'?" The answer is "Be Thou Humble." (230 / 2 + 97 - 82 = 230). I'm embarrassed to say my husband is quite good at this game. It's funny to watch him with all his siblings converting, calculating, and reconverting. It's a spectater sport for sure.
Al, I'm still one of your biggest fans. Your humor and descreet nods bring me a smile. Surely there's a reread in you somewhere,Jane.
Post a Comment