So, I decided to make a list of things I’m grateful for. The idea is to come up with one thing for each letter of the alphabet, writing down the first thing that comes to mind that starts with the letter that I am indeed thankful for. So here goes:
Abby * Brother Cox * Computer * Dad * Emily * Friends * Grandpa * Hadleys * Ignominious death, lack thereof * Jeff * Kristi * Love * Melanie * Nori *
Now, by way of disclaimer, these were simply the first words to come to mind. I don’t want anyone thinking that I value “ignominious death, lack thereof” more than “intelligence” or a “roadrunner” more than “revelation” or “President Samuelson” more than “prayer”, "prophets" or “pediatricians”. So to many of my readers who were not listed, including but not limited to: Mom, JuDene, Rachel, Valerie, Alicia, Stacy, Krystin, Emilee, Andrea, Robin, Ray, Dan, Ashley, Gwen and assorted others, know that you are still highly valued and that I am immensely grateful for you. Because you are and I am.
Now for an alphabetical list of things I’m grateful to not have:
Amebic Dysentery * Buzzing sounds perpetually in my ear * Cockroach infestation * Dancers (particularly of clog or tap) living upstairs * Evil nudabrink spies * Flatulent roommates * Glacial lake outburst flooding * Hostages * Incoherent thought processes…oh wait… * Japenese encephalitis * KKK affiliation * Lack of opposition in all things * Moldy bread * Naked monk friends…oh wait… * Offal * Pet porcupines who like to cuddle * Quartz pants * Rotting skin * Scurvy * Three arms * Ultimate Fighting obsession * Viscous saliva * Windows on the bathroom door * XXY chromosomes * Yeast Infection * Zipper-sealed doors (tents excluded)
4 comments:
haha, flatulent roommates. when you get married alison, there is no getting around that one!
and...i hope you have a happy thanksgiving!
Wow. (That's in response to the list of things you're grateful not to have, bytheway. It's what I read last.) I think you may have to dedicate future blog posts to what inspired you to add some of those to your list (e.g. "naked monk friends...oh wait"). Just a suggestion. For your readers who might wonder. Y'know.
And thanks for including me among those you're grateful for. I'm grateful for you too, Allison! Love ya, DoG!
I was reading your blog when my sister called and so i read your "NOT grateful for" list to her. We all enjoyed it. Especially my niece Arinda.
You're grateful for x-rays?
I'm glad I beat out mashed potatoes.
attention please: you know you are grateful for munis.
Post a Comment