
So...I live in a basement. And apparently, so do some creepy crawlers. And not the kind you make in a toy oven creating plastic-y fake worms, scorpions and blue power rangers, but rather, the living kind that, according to the Dalai Lama, was possibly once my mother in another life but presently scurries about my room on between 8 and 100 legs. I finally vacuumed up the accumulating arachnid graveyard around the outskirts of my room. I did so to assure that the centipede I'd just clobbered repeatedly with the spine of a relationship book did not resurrect while I slumbered, assuming I get around to sleeping tonight. I've also noticed some unwelcome creepy flyers as well. And I'm not talking paper advertisments, but rather, the kind pest variety, which possesses wings allowing it to be airborne. It's interesting really. There is typically always one tiny flying pest about. But only one. And this is the peculiar part. As soon as I manage to squash one (sorry Dalai Lama, potential past life mother, and Jain monks) another appears within a minute. Every time. But I've never seen more than one simulaneously. Regardless...Yuilk!
5 comments:
Have you kept up with Whitney's blog? She had a fatty centipede in bed with her one night and it bit her three times...! *shudder*
Y'all should sleep with mosquito nets around your heads.
I do not want to live in a basement...no.
whoa! I haven't been on in a while. This is quite amazing but we were talking about bugs last night and I get on and her is this entry. I was talking to a woman who thinks it's cruel to kill an insect so they always put them outside and do what they can not to let them in. I'm sitting there thinking should I confess to her how a smash scorpions until they are unrecognizable? Especially after they've stung me! (it's weird I go physco while killing in that situation) Anyway I enjoyed this entry!
My friend, I totally feel your pain. However, I have thus far been spared the centipede attack (knock on wood), for which I am grateful, although I do keep up pretty well with my daily spider squash. I now habitually have a shoe on hand. And it does make typing and stuff a little more of an adventure, given that my ten fingers have been suddenly reduced to five and a half or so.
Ooh. I shuddered at the idea of centipede. Yuilk!
Sounds like they're messing with you. Trying to create a constant stream of flying pests in your room.
Once I found a dead mouse at the foot of my bed. That weirded me out.
Post a Comment