The pervading theme was that of my mental compellation towards sleep. On the front of the note page I found a simple equation: sleep deprivation=no good. It was written in purple ink and in cursive, in case you were wondering. On the other side of the page, in red ink and cursive was the message "sleep sounds nice". Also on that side of the page was the letter 'z' written 10 times consecutively and circled in red. This time in print rather than cursive. (So much for my theory that I write in cursive when tired. Darn.) I figured I could write z's to symbolize the sleep I wanted for myself.
My more recent note pages lack that theme/page element. Instead you find only class notes, to-do lists, a picture of a crab and palm tree (no idea where that came from), and random jottings such as "what up, all y'all?" and "what up, doc?" written in cursive and purple ink, a giant question mark, and the words "el templo".
And while I don't know why I now think and record what I do in the margins, I can claim to know why it strays from the "sleep deprivation=no good" theme. It's because I've made it a goal to sleep more. For the past two weeks or so, I have been trying to be earlier to bed and earlier to rise. The present goal is to sleep from 11pm-7am each day (or night, as the case may be). And I've been doing pretty darn well. I try to get to my room by 10:30 to read my scriptures and such. It's lovely. And I really do feel a lot more awake throughout the day as I attend classes, study and code. And I love it. So yeah, just in case anyone was in doubt, sleep=good.
No comments:
Post a Comment