Wednesday, October 1, 2008

just being busy

This is going to be another one of those "I-don't-have-enough-time-to-do-everything-so-I'm-going-to-blog-about-it-instead-of-actually-doing-stuff" posts.  So I was thinking a few days ahead.  Namely, to Friday which is the last day for the two mid-terms I have this week.  I typically approach deadlines with the mindset that I will meet the deadlines, but only barely.  Or in other words, I tend to be a bit of a procrastinator.  

So I know that my SFL 480 exam is due on Friday at 5:00.  Thankfully, it is take-home and open book.  Still, I'm a little concerned about it because it is highly philosophical and all the ideas haven't quite clicked for me.  The other exam, for SFL 333, is available at the testing center between now and Friday, and the testing center closes at 10pm.  So as I was setting a time to meet with the MFT grad student I do some research assistant stuff with, I set it for 5:00, thinking that would be right after turning in the 480 exam.  And I suppose that I could take my 333 exam afterwards, except that I have a mission reunion in Sandy at 7:00.  So I need to take my 333 test before my 480 test.  I could potentially do that after class and before the 480 test, but I need to figure out where to put in 4 hours of work at the coding lab.  Plus I want to do something for Jeff for his birthday.  My Friday is pretty booked.  
 
So I look at Thursday.  My busiest day of the week.  Class in the morning and class at night.  And coding and a consensus meeting in the afternoon.  Still, I think my best bet will be to study for and take the test in the late morning/early afternoon and then code in the late afternoon and then go to class and do homework for the next day.  I guess it will work, but I feel as though I do not have an adequate amount of time to prepare to the degree that I would like to to really feel prepared.  Plus then I'm not procrastinating to my fullest potential.  Which is for some reason hard.  But I'll do it.  

Luckily I have a few hours right now to go over 333 notes before I head back up to campus to work, so that is good.  I'm a little worried about all the other assignments that I have due this weekend and at the beginning of next week though.  Saturday is primarily reserved for Conference, and is secondarily reserved for GRE studying, since that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else in my week.  I can't believe I'm scheduled to take it in less than 3 weeks.  I'm extremely concerned that I will perform horribly, have no hope whatsoever for getting into grad school, and then have to figure out what to do with life after graduation.

Anyway, life is good.  I like being busy.  I didn't get charged a late fee by the library for turning a video in 5 weeks late which is a huge blessing.  I bought myself a planner today.  And index cards.  I love office supplies. I love classes, work and friends.  And I'm excited for this weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget that Scott and Emily will be in town, too, on Friday. Maybe procrastinating on both exams wouldn't be such a good idea. Just one will have to do.