Sunday, October 5, 2008

Family: Isn't it about...Time?

Oh gosh.  I love Conference.  Love.  Not just like.  But love.  And I love getting to spend time with my siblings.  Love.  Not just like.  But love.  I typically get to see Jeff, Kris and Nor at least weekly. It's a bit of an Ellsworth BYU student tradition to watch BYU Devotional together at the Marriott Center each week.  This weekend we were able to add Emily to the mix.  She and her fiance Scott drove up for mission reunions and conference.  And although I had plans to be horribly productive this weekend, I ended up driving up to Salt Lake with Jeff and Nor and assorted others both days and meeting up with Em and Scott.  And this evening we went up to Roy and spent a few hours with Grandpa Hadley, his wife Ona, and his new dog, Gypsie Girl.  And it was lovely.

There were so many great things about this weekend.  Oh gosh.  First off, General Conference.  So good.  SO GOOD.  If I were to pick 5 favorite talks (which is hard to do and will probably change when I review my notes and set goals) I would say (and this is in no particular order) President Uchtdorf, Elder Wirthlin, Elder Bednar, President Monson and Elder Cook. Throughout Conference there were so many thoughts, ideas, reminders, assurances and direction.  It was lovely.  I loved spending time with family, meeting new people, talking with friends, potentially finding a buyer for my housing contract, hearing stories about my grandpa's younger years, laughing with Nor, picnicing at the Utah State Capitol, chillin' in the rain, eating homemade cookies...from home, and other such goodness.  It's been a really good last few days. I only wish that Kristi had come with us to SLC.  I love that kid.

Anyway, I want to get to reviewing my notes and setting some goals for the next 6 months.  At least until Em gets in.  Then I'm going to bed so that I can get up early and do homework before class tomorrow.  Life is good.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your new blog design, but it is too hard to read on the green background. Maybe you can lighten it?

Unknown said...

I love this blog thing!! I finally got around to getting yours on my list and I love catching up with you and getting my dose of Allison! You're the best and I miss you!