Friday, October 3, 2008

The JFSB

I tend to spend a good chunk of time in the Joseph Fielding Smith Building. This is mostly because the JFSB is home to the Behavioral Coding Lab where I work 15-20 hours a week. Well, its a gorgeous building. It has a lovely courtyard. And when I say lovely, I mean that it is picturesque enough that it is common to see couples posing for engagement photos, or Cosmo the Cougar being interviewed for who knows what. I also commonly notice people out there studying, texting, sitting with or on significant others, etc. Anyway, there are two tall, long hallways, well, three really,within the building that line this inner courtyard. And there are huge windows letting in a good deal of natural light, which I love. I walk down at least one of these halls on my way to the coding lab most days. And I'm not sure why, but for some reason, those hallways are incredibly conducive to whistling. Especially hymns. Maybe I'm somehow classically conditioned to have "Let Us All Press On" enter my head when I enter that hallway. I don't know. But somehow, it does. And I'm not the only one. I've heard and heard tell of others who walk the halls and similarly whistle some hymn or another. Weird. But I like it.

No comments: