Friday, July 2, 2010
O what do you do in the summer time...
Well, if you are me, you do school related work. By choice. I had several options of how to spend my 4th of July holiday weekend. Options included a trip to Idaho with extended family, a trip to Oregon with a roommate, or a trip to AZ for a family reunion. And I've already completed all my readings for classes, and I have already worked 14 hours this week when I only needed to work 10, am well on track with where I want to be with preparing for class in the fall (I even went and visited my future classroom and studied and wrote on the board. It was tender.), and just turned in my first draft of my thesis prospectus. And the clinic is closed on weekends and on Monday. There is no reasonable excuse to not be able to leave Provo. And yet, somehow, I still found the idea of staying home and doing extra readings, reading ahead for classes, working on a paper, putting extra hours in at the coding lab, and working more on class prep to be much more appealing. I remember a few years ago when my sister declared "I don't like fun". I think I may have caught that bug. Or perhaps, just maybe, my work has become my play. Regardless, I'm happy to be where I am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Who said, "I don't like fun"? Kristi? It wasn't me, was it?
Post a Comment