
It's been a pretty nice weekend. Highlights:
Reflection team: Sometimes a therapist will arrange for a reflection team of several other student therapists (such as myself) to observe a therapy session through the two-way mirror, and then, half-way through, switch places with the therapist and clients and have them observe and observers' discussion of thoughts and observations based on the prior 20 or so minutes. In the past week I've participated in three reflection teams and have loved it. The most recent was on Friday.
Therapy: No details because of confidentiality, but I love being a therapist. Also, my clients are awesome. Therapy really is about making good people better. I love my job. Also, my cohort is awesome.
Coding lab: I really enjoyed work yesterday. I worked for about four hours doing mostly paperwork and meeting with the other team leads and trying to figure out promotions and new hires. It's challenging, but also engaging and rewarding. Also, my coworkers are awesome.
BYU Singers/Concert Choir Concert: Several friends and I volunteered as ushers so that we could attend the concert for free. We literally had the best seats in the house. And the show was quite lovely.
Salt Lake Temple: I knew was going to be in SLC this morning for a conference anyway, so I made arrangements to meet up with a friend and do a session at the temple. I love attending the temple as a patron. And I love live sessions. It was the best part of my day.
UCAP Conference: I attended a conference hosted by the Utah Coalition Against Pornography. I learned some great things that were clinically relevant for working with couples and other great things about how to be an involved citizen and enact change at the social level.
Festival of Colors: I attended the Festival of Colors with some friends. A part of me didn't want to because I feel like most of the people who attend aren't sensitive or respectful to the event as being a cultural and religious event. But I went so I could spend time with Shan, and that was lovely.
3 comments:
I hope it was fun!!!
Wow girl! You are doing fun and outrageous things! So since when have you been respectful of events (seems to me my 40th birthday lacked respect)I haven't checked in in a while, but sounds like you're doing amazing things too. So glad to hear your mommy was okay after the accident! God is watching over! Praise to HIM!
Hey! You switched the pictures around, didn't you?
Post a Comment