Monday, March 22, 2010

Reno


This past weekend I drove to Reno with some friends to attend the wedding of a good friend/former roommate. It 'twas lovely. My only regrets are: 1. not being able to fall asleep either night (and accordingly acting obnoxious, which I'd like to blame on exhaustion, and being worthless driving and conversation-wise on Sunday) and 2. not finding any postcards. I tried finding postcards at three different places. I started at a Target. They had nothing and referred my to Sheels, saying they had a sizable section of their store devoted to Nevada stuff. Well, they didn't have any postcards, but they did have a ferris wheel, taxidermy mountain, and fish-filled archways. So I rode the ferris wheel. Awesome. Then I tried a gas station. No luck. Oh well. I tried.
The wedding breakfast, the temple sealing, and the reception were all lovely. Spending time with friends was fantastic. The ride up was wonderful. The bride was beautiful. I only fell once roller skating, and the bruise has good color to it. It was a great little weekend.

No comments: