But I recognize that it is unjust of me to harbor ill feelings toward pi. After all, it did nothing to invite offense. Also, it is a number rather than a person. And it just seems silly to be a hater towards an innocent number...or to attribute human-like characteristics to an inanimate object.
So, in a gesture of goodwill towards pi, I plan to celebrate pi day tomorrow, March 14th (3.14). My manner of celebration consists of making a homemade pie. Of the apple variety. With a lattice top. With homemade crust. I spent considerable time earlier today researching pie-making tips. I anticipate deliciousness and a complete reconciliation between me and the formerly-estranged pi.
2 comments:
Way to take the higher road... I hope it is delicious!!!
It's a good thing you decided to talk about pi day... my dear Momita always looks forward to pi day and in my non-mathematic life, I manage to be confused and wonder what holiday she is talking about. (apparently, pie day to me is Thanksgiving)
This year, Mom and I had been together and on her way out she hollered over her shoulder, "Happy Pi Day!" I didn't get it... AGAIN. Until I read your post. thanks for helping me try to stay up to speed =)
Post a Comment