Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I'm awesome

Just minutes ago I hopped on to BYU's academic planning website to find out which section of SFL 403R is associated with the coding class for Spring term. I was just finishing putting together the syllabus for the class that I will again be TA/teaching and wanted to include that information as I adapted the syllabus for the fewer class periods and longer class sessions.

As I was logged in to my class schedule, I noticed that it now offers the option of seeing and planning out schedules for Fall. And I got excited. And even though I can't add classes until the 23rd, I knew that I would be able to see the offered courses, so I clicked the 'add classes' link. And then I selected 'SFL' under the "select teaching area" list and clicked the 'go' link. Next, with anticipation, I selected "240 Parenting and Child Guidance" from the 'select course' droplist and clicked 'go'. And you know what happened next? It showed all the sections of SFL 240 being offered at BYU this fall semester. It listed the section numbers, seats available, class sizes, hours, times, days, rooms, buildings, and instructor names.

And you know what? One of those names was my name. I'm going to be a teacher. I'm going to teach undergraduate college students. And I'm going to do it in my favorite BYU classroom. And I'm jazzed. Also, I'm awesome.

4 comments: