Monday, March 1, 2010

Be careful what you pray for...

My amazing roommates try to have evening prayer together when we are all home at the same time. Last night, before praying, Elicia asked if anyone had anything in particular that they would like to have included in the prayer. Thinking of all that I have to do today, and recognizing limitedamount of time I had available to finish reading assignments and coursework between my temple shift and my first class of the day, I joked that she could pray for the hours of 11-1 to be magnified to allow me five hours with which to get things done. And so she prayed that I'd be able to have the equivalent of five hours of productivity.

Well, she must be like my friend Shan and have superhero praying powers. Because today, at approximately 5 hours before 1:00, I fainted while on my temple shift. It was mildly to moderately embarrassing. And after being questioned by the security officer, looked over by an RN, wheel-chaired to the first aid room, and given time to lay down and rest, it was advised that I leave my shift early. So I suppose you can say that my anticipated 2 hours of flex time has now been magnified to be closer to 5 hours.

I guess I had better be careful what I pray for, especially what I ask incredibly faithful people to pray for it for me.

2 comments:

Receli said...

WOW!!

Scott and Emily said...

Geez Al. Something about you and the temple and fainting.

It reminds me of Ammon. . . . You're so righteous! :o)