Friday, January 29, 2010

Today was the first day of interviews for BYU's MFT program. It was weird to think that I was there only a year ago. It was weird to be one of the students to whom the applicants asking questions about the program and about what is it like to have clients. It made me realize, at least a little bit, how far I've come in the last year. And that was empowering. I just logged onto the case management system to write up case notes for a recent therapy session. In the left-hand corner of the screen it says "Allison Ellsworth (Therapist)". I stared and it for a few seconds, in awe. Even though it wasn't the first time I'd noticed it. It feels more real now. It's exciting. And it is weird to think that in another year, I will almost be done with my 500 hours of clinical experience and will be applying for graduation. I like weird.

3 comments:

Ashley Seil Smith said...

I like weird, too! This is something you should be SO proud of. How exciting! =)

Receli said...

Isn't life just totally crazy like that?

Rosalyn Francis said...

line upon line... and then all of a sudden, we've reached a summit (one of many)! I am happy for you and proud of you.