Friday, January 1, 2010

Passing out

So, yesterday, to start off my 26th year, I got up uncharacteristically early and went to the temple with my grandparents to do sealings. And it ended up being a far more memorable experience than I had anticipated. I ended up passing out two, almost three, times. It was special. Rather than going into the specifics of when and where, and what was said, I'll just recount what it felt like to pass out and come to again. This was the first (and second) time I'd ever fainted. So here we go.

The first discernible symptom was just feeling generally weak and tired. Then I started to feel a little nauseous. Then I felt a little lightheaded. Then things started going dark. And then I would wake up. Which was special. "Why is my head down here?" "Why am I lying down on the floor?" Then I would feel hot and be covered with sweat. Kinda gross. And then I would be cold and start shivering.

After it happened, I figured I was just being humbled after my previous arrogant blogpost. I just figured that I went from delighting in passing grades to passing out to keep me humble as I was becoming one year older and wiser too. Special.

5 comments:

Anna said...

whoa. did you not eat breakfast? Actually, I don't think that causes one to pass out. I hope---THUD!---sorry I just----THUD!----I keep passing----THUD!---Feel better!

(I hope you know, I tease because I love. Passing out does not sound fun. Again, feel better)

C Tam said...

That's a memorable birthday. I like your description of passing out; it pretty much fits what I've felt--and it is a blood sugar issue in my case. Did you figure out what was wrong with you?

Receli said...

Um... are you ok?

Ashley Seil Smith said...

I read this out loud to Nate and he was like "It's sealings! I'm telling you!"

This is truly special.

Anonymous said...

It will be great to watch BYU Cougars, i have bought tickets from
http://ticketfront.com/event/BYU_Cougars-tickets looking forward to it.