Thursday, October 29, 2009
Free time
This week I have been leaving school at around 10pm. And I kinda like it. Today, I finished classes at 11am, had a cohort meeting with the program director, distributed some flyers for free marital check-ups, did some research, met with my advisor and then went to the coding lab. At 5:44 I decided that I didn't want to code any more that day. But then I realized something...I didn't know what to do with myself. I have some friends coming over for dinner and stuff at 7:30, but the idea of over an hour and a half of free time was daunting. I ultimately decided to face my fear of free time and thus far have walked to my car, driven home, ordered two books online, and started writing this blog. I still have another hour. I guess I could get further ahead on homework. Or do my scripture study early. Or look up educational lectures online. Or clean my room. Or think up a more clever Halloween costume than what I currently have in mind. Or iron and hem something. Maybe I should figure out how decorate my room. That has been on the to-do list for over 6 months now. The only thing I have on the wall is a vegetable slicer...and I'll probably take that down soon. I only have it hanging there to remind myself to return it. Anyway, if anyone has good suggestions on how to use free time, I need guidance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Dance
Back-up plans, back-up plans, back-up plans!!!
I can't stand to read this! Send me your extra free hour! I need another 24 of them please!
Return the dang veggie slicer, duh!
(love ya)
Allison...I love you. And I miss you. You're pretty much awesome.
Post a Comment