
So I was sitting in my room, knowing that I wanted to blog about something, but not knowing what. I tried to think back on my day. The first word that came to me was "sloth". I looked down and noticed that I had unconsciously tucked two of the toes on my left foot under my foot, creating the allusion that I had but three-toes, a similar toe count as a three-toed sloth. Coincidence? I'll let you be the judge.
But today, well...yesterday, was a lazy day. I wasn't adequately rested the past few days and thus decided to turn off my alarm and just allow myself to wake up naturally. I ended up waking at 11am. Now, I like feeling productive. I am of a nature that if some asks me, at the end of a day, "How was your day?", I automatically try to think of what I accomplished that day. If I feel that my time was not productively spent, I tend to consider that day to have been wasted. On the other hand, if I can think of several tasks accomplished and can detail ways in which my hours were spent constructively, I am more likely to respond that my day was quite positive. According to this criterion, my day wasn't the best. But in reality, it wasn't a bad day by any means. Still, doing nothing doesn't tend to be relaxing or refreshing if I am perpetually pestered by the notion that I ought to be doing something.
However, for the next several days, I will be on vacation from work and from other self-appointed tasks. I won't have a personal to-do list to satisfy in order to achieve a qualified "good day". And yet, at the end of each day, I anticipate considering it to have been rewarding and fulfilling. I'm excited to flee the country and visit a good friend and her family. I anticipate good times. Bring it.
1 comment:
okay, im getting lost in this bloggy world. Add me as a friend, if you can do that with blogs...
Post a Comment