I'm not used to having daytime hours available for discretionary time. But I found some things to keep busy with. I walked to Smith's and back three different times. The first time I bought groceries. The second time I bought posterboard (for painting a "Welcome Home" poster for Abby and Krystin). The third time I bought a light bulb (four the four foot tall table lamp Becca and I bought at DI last weekend). I made some delicious meals. I listened to two psychology lectures, two history lectures and a polical science lecture on academicearth.org (thanks for the referral, Gwen!) between getting ready for the day, scanning at work, preparing meals and going about my general business. Oh, and I listened to a chapter of the Ramayana on a podcast while finger painting my poster. And Becca and I enjoyed talking in ridiculous accents for the long duration of dinner preparation and partakage. Its been a quite leisurely day full of enjoyable activities and mental stimulation. I am quite content. I am about ready to read some Gottman to pass the time and distract myself as I wait for the return of my two world-traveling roommates at some unspecified time this evening. I am quite excited to see them again, view their pictures, and learn of their experiences. It been a lovely day. All the same, I really hope that the R drive is up tomorrow.
1 comment:
I just read about you day -- and I am so tired I am heading to bed -- well, seriously--you are a wonder!!
Post a Comment