So sometime near the end of winter semester, I patronized several garage sales, which, in Utah, are appropriately called 'yard sales'. I saved the best for last. I knew that a friend was selling a mini fridge. For some reason, I have wanted a mini fridge for years. I vaguely recall talking to someone several years back who had bought one for incredibly cheap from DT, back when such a place existed. That conversation planted in me an impractical desire for such a belonging. So I made it a point to be one of the first to arrive at this particular sale, and I bought myself that mini fridge. I think it was as I was walking home from the yard sale carrying it awkwardly that I realized just how impractical such a purchase was for me. I was moving into (and since have moved into) a house with two refrigerators. I don't like spending excess time in my bedroom. I'm not a big snacker, mostly because I'm too cheap to buy snacks. And I've turned environment friendly (well, its more like we're casual acquaintances, but I try to be courteous) and didn't want to waste energy by plugging in an unnecessary appliance.
And then I found the solution, as usual, in the scriptures. I recalled a verse that invited all to "feast upon the words of Christ". And an idea was born. A wonderful and cheesy idea. So I have a lot of scriptures and other church material. I have an entire shelf of my bookshelf dedicated to religious text. And I have extra books. And, rather than burying them away in the midget shower with my other storage items, I decided that I could convert my mini fridge into a makeshift safety vault/temporary home for my excess religous materials. And so I have. I presently have space therein to grow my collection and a dire need of a cheesy magnet emblazoned with the words "Feast Upon The Word". So if anyone wants to do something nice for my non-half-birthday in a week and a half, yeah...dire need. Here is the mini fridge in its current location. Scriptures...yum!
5 comments:
You are the coolest kid ever!
I never knew you always wanted a mini fridge!! And to think we gave ours away to a random stranger on freecycle!! Brilliant feasting metaphor, btw. Love you so much.
AMAZING!!!
HA! You are simply amazing, Al! No one else would ever come up with that! Enjoy feasting!
Oh no you didn't.
Post a Comment