Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Triste

So two things, maybe three.

1.  It's finals week.  I have one final down and another four to go.  I may take one of them tonight.  But I have visiting teaching at 8:00 and visisting teachers at 10:00, so I may just head up to campus first thing tomorrow morning to pay the first of several visits to the testing center.  I'd like to have a total of four finals finished by the end of tomorrow and to have begun studying for the fifth but...

2.  I'm getting sick.  Possibly.  I have a sore throat, my stomach is feeling a little queasy, my legs are particularly achy, earlier my head was a-hurtin', and there have a few times when I have felt an uncharacteristic amount of heat emanating from my head.  And I'm quite tired.  I ended up taking a 5 hour nap after my final this morning.  I'm worried that my declining health may frustrate the desired timely attainment of my finals goals.  But I'm optimistic.

3.  The BYU India field studies program is now officially indefinitely suspended, starting with the Spring/Summer 2009 group.  That means a few things.  It means that I will not be going to India next summer.  I'm pretty sure it means I'm out of my second job.  But mostly, it means that other students will not have the opportunity to benefit from an incredible cultural and academic experience in India for at least several years.  And it means that the host family in Chavadipudur will not have the income associated with providing housing for dozens of BYU kids for over half of the year.  I'm extremely sad about that one.

But on the bright side, life is good and I am blessed.  And I'm going home to Arizona in less than a week where I can enjoy good weather, fresh citrus and my family at Christmas time.  Yay.

3 comments:

TheTamFam said...

Allison! I found your blog! And also found your friend Andrea's blog, which I love and wish was my own. So that IS sad about India! You'll have to explain to me next time we catch a minute together. Hope you keep enough health in you to get through the next four tests...Let me know if you need anything. Citrus throat lozenges? Crackers and soda?

ps. Home Teachers coming at 10?! As in, PM?! Single's Wards are crazy. Make sure they get out the door by curfew. =)

itsyourcue said...

Oh Allison. This all makes me very sad. Don't forget the OJ (you know what I mean). I believe in your finals-taking powers! Good luck.

abigull said...

Look - you're done with finals! And you're getting better! And you're still totally awesome! So there. Hang in there, pal. Call me and I'll don my super spandex and cape and get over there and save the day. Or I'll do my best, anyway.... Happy Christmas!