- Thursday night: Muppet Christmas Carol with Nor and Maren and the Varsity Theatre
- Friday night: Attended a Messiah Sing-Along with Dan, Elise, Abby and assorted others
- Saturday night: Attended Recibid Al Rey, a Spanish Christmas program on Temple Square
- Sunday afternoons: Ward Choir practice
- Sunday evening (tonight): Attended First Presidency Christmas Devotional in SLC
Each year it is a little bit harder to feel the Christmas spirit, or so it seems. I somehow have come to strip holidays of their magic. I diffuse the praiseworthiness of a given designated day, generalizing that the purpose of celebration should be present every season. But in doing so, a special day simply becomes another day. But it shouldn't have to be that way. I still believe that we should celebrate Christ throughout the year and not simply on the 25th of December, and that we should be grateful always and not only towards the end of November, but I need to learn to enjoy holidays more. One of Elder Uchtdorf's first comments in his address tonight was his noting that he loves this time of year. And I realize that I should too. So that's the plan for the next few weeks. To love this time of year and appreciate the joys of the Christmas season.
1 comment:
I was at temple square Saturday night during that program! Dang it!
Post a Comment