Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Late night coding

So tonight I went to Institute with the intent to go to work right after, which I did. I walked into the coding lab, having whistled the hymn "Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy" as I walked down the long corridor. The lab was empty and dark. And I decided to code without the aid of artificial light rather than disturb the darkness. Mostly I think I was too lazy to push the button that turns on the lights. You have to reach to get to it and push pretty hard. So I grabbed some DVDs and coding sheets and went at it, listening to my seeqpod Christmas song list. At approx 10:12 I was starting to watch couple 0701-0007_02 for the second viewing, and listen to Josh Groban sing O Holy Night for the first listening when I my solitude was disturbed. Another coder came in. I was shocked. I think we both exclaimed "Are you kidding me?" He to me for coding in the dark, and I to him for not having anything better to do at 10:12pm on a Tuesday night. And then we laughed. And I plugged the headphones in. And was grateful that he didn't stop in that Saturday night a few weeks ago when I was having a solo dance/cleaning party in the darkened coding office. I'm so cool. And I love my job. And that's the truth.

3 comments:

Rosalyn Francis said...

Yes you are! Soak it in.

Valerie said...

I wish you had been dancing while singing at the top of your lungs. Dancing with a broom even. A disco ball would have been a nice touch as well.

abigull said...

Seriously - you should go out for the folk dance team. You'd rock everybody's socks off. Not like you don't already ....