Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Finals

So tonight I took three finals.  I didn't mean to.  I only really wanted to take two...since there were only two classes that I had really prepared for.  But sometimes in thoughtless moments (a common symptom after excessive studying) you do crazy things.  Like ask for the wrong test at the testing center...and not figuring out that its wasn't the one you'd meant to request until after having already started it.  Such has been my evening.  But it's all good.  That'll save me about 6 hours of studying tomorrow.  Which means I'll have more time to work and earn money.  It also means that I only have one more test for 2008.  Plus, I didn't do too heinously.  Granted, it was a good 20% lower than my average from the two midterms in that class.  But I think my grade can handle it.  And I performed considerably better on my other finals.  Especially the really tricky New Testament final that I got 100% on after 8 minutes of multiple choicing it up.  It took me a combined 2 hours to take all three finals (a total of 118 questions) and between the three I averaged about 87%.  Not too shabby, all things considered.  I like tests.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Way to be, Allison! (I got a good chuckle out of you asking for the wrong test--I could totally picture me doing that in the same situation. I hope you don't mind my chuckling too much. ["Chuckle" is a funny word, isn't it?])

Good luck with everything else you need to do! Later!

Mel said...

snap. way to tear it up!

Anonymous said...

Yeah. On Friday I took a test that I did study quite diligently for. The professor had said that the study guide was comprehensive. Well, it wasn't, or so I thought. When I got home I looked at the study guide...and turned it over. Wow. It was two-sided. And wow, what an idiot! Oh well, lessons learned.