Monday, December 22, 2008

Goal for home

On the first day back I set a goal for the break. The goal was seemingly simple. I want to be able to turn the light on to my bedroom (aka office with a cot) on the first try. You see, there are two lightswitches right next to each other, one for the fan, and the other for the light. And somehow, I always flip the fan switch. I think I always did that as a kid/adolescent. I know that room was my bedroom at least once or twice over the course of my life. Potentially during my high school years even. I don't really recall that long ago. But, one of these days I'm going to be able to turn my light on on the first try. Another goal for the break is to finish my grad school applications. But I hope to finish that up and have it in the mail by the end of today.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Don't push yourself too hard over the break now, y'hear?

Unknown said...

Wow, I agree with Alicia, you are making some pretty big goals there! So are you here in the valley of the sun? (which is not so sunny now) Bet it feels good to be out of that snow! Paul says it's crazy cold & snowy. May I suggest another goal? That we get together for lunch while you're here?? I saw Kimberly the other day, we should get her, Pat, Alicia and do it? Perhaps on your b-day? or the day prior?

Andrea said...

I have the same goal every day of my life with the dining room light in my house. And I fail consistently.