Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Seriously?

Someone mistakenly assumed that my dad and I were a married couple.  I'm trying to make sense of this, and I am trying to figure out which is more likely:

1.  I look a decade or two or three older than I think I do
2.  My dad looks like someone who could be a cradle-robber
3.  I look like someone who marries people twice their age
4.  The elderly gentleman who made the mistake has vision problems
5.  It's a southern thing

The way I see it, there are no good options here.

5 comments:

Scott and Emily said...

When Dad took me to the passport office in AZ to get my passport back in 2002/2003, the lady there assumed we were married too. So it must be a vibe that Dad gives off.

C Tam said...

I've had that happen with me and my dad. At the time I was 17. Yeah, people are weird.

Receli said...

we miss you! can you move to az soon?

grant861 said...

A few summers ago I worked at the same place as my dad and people assumed I was his wife. He is handsome and looks young for his age, yet I was still completely offended!!! Glad I found your blog...you were roommates with Rebekah Alred? We are friends from freshman year!

grant861 said...

P.S. this is Olivia...accidentally commenting from my husband's account :)