Monday, August 15, 2011

First day of school

Well, I suppose it is now official. I am a PhD student and a UGA Bulldog!  I had my first class this morning.  Afterwards I went in to the office and got everything set up to start my assistantship, ordered some textbooks online and then went and got my UGA ID card.

And so far the transition is smooth.  Class was interesting and engaging.  The people are nice.  The campus is beautiful.  This afternoon I am working on my thesis revisions and in the evening I will attend FHE at the Institute building.  And then tomorrow I have a Professional Seminar class, practicum and statistics (assuming I can get into the class).  I'm also hoping to meet with my adviser tomorrow and figure out my responsibilities for my assistantship.  Fun, fun.  I wish I had something clever and witty to write, but alas...I got nothing.  But, all is well and life is good. 

2 comments:

Janna said...

I always love the excitement of starting a new school year!!! You're awesome, Allison! :)

Receli said...

Yeah for new beginnings!