So...I'm still amazed that I will soon be a PhD student. I thought that PhDs were for extremely intelligent and research-oriented people. And the idea of being colleagues with my professors within five years seems inconceivable. I don't feel that I am much different than I was as an undergraduate when I almost didn't dare apply to a Masters program for fear that I would never get in. A part of me questions my ability to belong as a PhD student. But I feel at peace that what I'm doing is congruent with my life mission, and I believe that the Lord will help me. To quote Elder Bednar, "I will go where the Lord...want[s] me to go, I will do what they want me to do, I will teach what they want me to teach, and I will strive to become what I should and must become. In the strength of the Lord and through His grace, I know that...I can be blessed to accomplish all things." So I will soon be off in pursuit of an awesomeness that seems beyond me. And in the strength of the Lord, I will be successful. Somehow.

1 comment:
I feel the same way... but at least you know that you have the potential to be nerdy enough to be a PhD... right?
Post a Comment