Friday, August 19, 2011

Oh internet...


So, I have a confession.  I waste a lot of time on the internet.  Between compulsively checking my email, excessive blogstalking, facebook, playing tetris on facebook, reading the news, watching shows on hulu and watching video clips on YouTube, far too much of my leisure time (and admittedly, even some of my work time) is spent in front of a glowing screen without a purpose.  And I don't like that.  Especially since so much of my work time is also spent in front of a glowing screen as write papers, look up and read academic articles, and work on other legitimate pursuits.  So, since one of my classes requires making a desired change in my life and maintaining a blog dedicated to my efforts and experiences in my attempted change process, I decided to set the goal to change the landscape of my recreational internet usage.  Here is hoping that I can  spend less time online and more time connected to others, to myself, and to the world immediately around me.  If you want to check out my process and progress, well you can do so here, but you should probably get off the internet and do something active and fun.

No comments: