In my last post I mentioned trying to figure out an appropriate rite of passage for the evening preceding my start of graduate school. Well, that proved more difficult than anticipated. I couldn't find an appropriate book, and it was about 113 degrees and the roof of the chicken coop is tin, so I threw my original idea out. Then I thought I could write a clever rhyme-y type poem in the tree fort, but as I was climbing up in a skirt and looking and the broken floor boards, rusty nails, and the horse that was coming toward me, I opted to discard that idea as well. I did end up writing a poem while on the plane (which was pretty high up in the air), but it wasn't very good. But it was the context for a good review of significant educational events that have led me to this new turn in the road called life that I like to think of as 'ever after'. The main things included my senior year at Mesa High, my years as an RA, my mission, changing my major, India, and my job as a coder. So, when I went to bed last night, I was wearing my senior shirt from high school, I had my pink slippers that I always wore to cleaning inspections as an RA, I had a Texas pin from my mission attached to my shirt, I slept on the floor with my Nalgene, and I listed off all the coding scales in my mind as I drifted off to sleep. And my first graduate class is later today. Bring it.
3 comments:
have a happy ever after!! and i'm glad you came and visited me for the weekend. it was the bomb dot com!
You are so funny! I can still see your fuzzy pink slippers in my mind. Congratz on starting grad school! I hope it is a great experience. We need to catch up again soon.
When you say "darling," what you really mean is "ugly," right? :op
Post a Comment