Monday, February 9, 2009

Saturday's shopping excursion

Those who know me well know that I don't much fancy myself a shopper. Well, on Saturday, I went shopping. For clothes. At the mall. And I had the support of five wonderful friends. I figure that anyone who would, of their own free will and choice, accompany me shopping while cognizant of my typical frustrating nature when shopping, distinguish themselves as true and noble friends. Thanks Krystin, Abby, Louis, Melanie & Shan!

The mission was to find an acceptable "business casual" outfit to wear to today's interview. After much shopping, I emerged triumphant. I got a pair of nice gray slacks, or trousers, if you will, from The Gap for only $15. It was determined that the blue blouse I was wearing that I'd bought the previous week while shopping with Elise was sufficient to accompany said slacks. And then I got red shoes and a red necklace. And I wasn't horribly frustrating or obnoxious in my shopping, which was a success in and of itself.

I felt that I had a lot of quiet personal triumphs during the course of that shopping excursion. I was open-minded, and I allowed myself to have opinions and express them, even when they were in opposition to ideas of others. Usually I wouldn't even point out things that I might potentially like around others, because I didn't trust my taste and didn't want to expose potentially bad taste to others. Odd and insecure, yes. But on Saturday, I felt it was a triumph that I pointed out and even picked up a potential necklace. Granted, I was more than ready to put it down and would have had I not been validated in the choice, but still. And when I wasn't crazy about the shoe options at one store, instead of just surrendering and buying them, I was dipolatic about saying that I wanted to explore a few other options. Somehow, even that was a victory for me.

Anyway, it was a good shopping experience. And here is the result of it: me in my outfit after completing 8 hours of interviewing with BYU's MFT faculty.

P.S. I feel narcissistic for how often I'm posting pictures of myself. Just for the record, I'm doing this one for my mom.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

cute clothes! I'm proud of you getting a little more decisive in your old age!

emilee said...

love love LOVE!!!!!!!!!

C Tam said...

So these pics were taken at interview's completion? I thought I could detect PM in your countenance. How did it all go?!?

Ashley Seil Smith said...

DIVA