Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Name My Plant

So, it turns out I have this plant.  I keep forgetting.  It's really amazing that it thrives as it does.  I keep it in my room where it gets no natural light, and I only notice it and think to water it once every month or two.  Abby pointed it out today.  She commented on the asthetically pleasing nature of one of my bookshelves.  The one with said plant.  And I was like "oh, shoot.  I have a plant.  I don't think I've watered it yet this year."  And then I watered it.  And then I determined that it deserved a name.  And then I decided that I would seek suggestions.  So, dear reader, what say ye?  What would be a befitting name for there here plant.  Oh, and in case it helps to have context, I have had this plant, which is a bamboo plant (I think) since last summer, I believe.  I recieved it as a gift from Shan.  It spent its first two months in the kitchen, then was moved to the shared room, then moved to the private room when I did, and then moved with me to the Lion House where it currently resides.  That is the meagar history I have to offer of my plant.  So, name suggestions?

   

8 comments:

Alicia said...

Remember that one camp song (forgive the spelling--I have no idea how to spell this) "A-rig-a-bamboo"? You could call it (he/she?) "Ariga" for short. That's an idea. I'll be excited to hear which name you choose.

Ashley Seil Smith said...

i have a plant named Shaniqua. I think you should give it a name from the African persuasion, like Raynetta or something like that. Any black name would do.

Or, there's always "Li'l Smokie"

C Tam said...

One item of clarification: are we dealing with a girl plant or a boy?

Andrea said...

I like Alicia's idea.

Also, I was going to say something like this:

Shugee's suggestion is dumb because bamboo does not grow in Africa. If you go with something of a foreign persuasion, go Asian. Like...uhh...Kristi Plantaguchi...or something.

But then, after a little research, I found out bamboo does grow in some regions of Sub-Saharan Africa and while it grows in much of Asia, Kristi Yamaguchi's native Japan is not part of bamboo's habitat. Good thing Wikipedia saved me from that embarrassment...

Andrea said...

Agghhh...it does grow in some parts of Japan. I give up on trying to be cool and good at geography (redundant, I know).

Anonymous said...

How about “Q.T.” (pronounced “Cutie”) -- an abbreviation for Quirky Tree. Speaking of quirky, thanks for the conversation we shared last night. I’m anxiously awaiting/checking for your blog update, the one you’ve held back from posting. I promise not to roll my eyes . . . or be critical . . . or be disappointed.

robinly said...

Albert

Mr. Walker said...

I submit "Pizz-lant"

Its ghetto.
Its fabulous.
Its yours for the taking.