Friday, September 21, 2007
Interpreters
I had computer/internet access on Wednesday because we came into Coimbatore to meet with the principal of a college about translators. They had misunderstood our needs and didn't have anything appropriate prepared. They told us to return on Friday at 11:30. That is why I have internet acess today. But I still have no translator leads. They told us to come back on Monday. This is problematic. I really need to get going on my research, and communicating with people is quite central to much of it. It feels as though the time in the village is far spent; there is little time remaining. I have is next week to work, the following week includes a village from Ben and kate, the following week is potentially the mid-semester retreat where we won't be able to conduct research, and are expected to report on our progress, and the remaining two or three weeks contain days where I will be distracted from research with good things like weddings to attend. So basically, I really need to start interviewing and make all the available time count, but I first need a translator. That is my biggest challenge presently. Just so you know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment