Last year at Christmas time, I responded to a call for volunteers to take a later flight home on an overbooked US Airways flight, and in return received a $400 flight voucher to be used anytime within the next year. Considering how I only got in to Arizona about an hour late, it was a pretty sweet deal.
Well, last week I finally cashed in the voucher and took a trip to visit family up north! I flew into the Detroit airport on Monday, where Emily picked me up and took me back to her home in Toledo, Ohio! I enjoyed spending the next few days there with Em, Scott, Lizzie, Heidi and Owen. We had some fun outings (the zoo, the library, the botanical gardens, Cosco), and played together at home (Lizzie seems to be really into imaginative play involving cooking and preparing for parties). Oh, and we celebrated Canada Day with donuts from Tim Horton's and by watching Anne of Green Gables.
Then, on the 4th of July, we headed off to Michigan to spend time with Jeff, Sherry, Michael and Daniel! We set up a tent in the basement, had a barbeque, and set off bottle rockets (And, truth be told, I didn't know what bottle rockets were before then...now I know!). We all the spent the night and the next day there, which was wonderful, and then Em & Scott's fam headed back and I stuck around for an extra day, which was great.
It was a lot of fun to spend time with siblings, siblings-in-law, and my adorable nieces and nephews. I sure do wish that they all lived closer!
No comments:
Post a Comment