Thursday, July 25, 2013

Life After Youth Conference

With Youth Conference now behind me, my big move has becoming much more real and pressing.  I have less than a week before I take off.  In the meantime, I've been trying to squeeze in a few last minute adventures as well as visits with friends.

Post-YC happenings thus far include:
  • Speaking in church in Athens 1st Ward
  • Singing in a musical number at the University Branch
  • Going blackberry picking in Bethlehem
  • Finally visiting Bear Hollow Zoo here in Athens
  • Hiking & visiting the beach at Fort Yargo State Park
  • More thrift store shopping
  • Eating at Waffle House
Upcoming adventures this weekend include:
  • Roadtrip to DC with Jenny
  • Visiting Mel in North Carolina
  • Attend a session at the DC temple
  • Visiting Lexie
  • Black & white dance party
Also, I've started getting a little bit more serious in my job hunt and have been more active about seeking out job opportunities and volunteer positions in Arizona.  I've been sending in resumes and applying at a few places.  And I've been familiarizing myself with community resources in the Mesa area.  It will be hard to say goodbye to the people I love here in Athens, but I am excited to see what the future brings.  Also, I am excited for my roadtrip home next week!  I get to travel with Kristi, visit Nori and her family, and spend some time with a few BYU friends: Jennifer, a friend from the coding lab, and Chrissy, a friend from my cohort.  Oh, and I'll probably visit my mission.  The future is looking bright.

No comments: