 |
| Blue shirt day |
So...the night before Girls Camp, Jenny and I were packing for camp. We were both packing t-shirts and shorts to wear each day. We noticed that we had a few t-shirt selections that were similar colors. And then an idea was born...what if we arranged to match each day at camp?!? And so we coordinated what we would pack, and then each morning we would determine what to wear.
It was great. A few girls noticed. A few didn't. My personal favorite was the girl who would each day notice and comment on it, but somehow not make the connection that it was intentional. "Whoa! You guys are wearing the same color...again! That's so weird."
 |
| Green shirt day |
It gets better. There was a tender mercy involved. Before I knew about matching, I knew that I wanted a watch to wear at camp. My friend Molly had mentioned at a training meeting that she had about nine watches (I'm not sure why...) and could lend one to anyone who needed one. I decided to take her up on it and sent her a text asking if she could bring me a watch to use when she drove up to camp.
 |
The watches!
|
When she arrived at camp on Tuesday, Jenny and I were already decked out in our matching t-shirts and shorts. She handed me a watch, a red Casio sports watch, and I put it on. Then, the next time I saw Jenny, she gestured toward the watch with a somewhat stunned look on her face. Then she brought forth her own wrist. She was wearing an identical red Casio sports watch. Amazing! And completely by coincidence. Tender mercy.
On an non-coincidental note, while enjoying DQ Blizzards in Hartwell after camp had ended, Molly, Jenny and I decided that all three of us would match at church the next day. We coordinated our outfits (skirt color, shirt color, cardigan color) and accessories (we'd all received matching necklaces as thank-you gifts as leaders; and Jenny's bf had a watch that matched the other two). So on Sunday we all matched. It was awesome!
 |
| Molly, Allison & Jenny post-camp |
1 comment:
i love matching.... and I love you!
Post a Comment