Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thesis Bliss Playlist

So I noticed something peculiar on my itunes recent: I had previously created a playlist inspired by my thesis.  I feel inclined to share the songs and my presumed rationale for their inclusion.


  1. Love at Home Rap......................because of my study ritual
  2. Georgia On My Mind..................since the prize for finishing is staying at UGA
  3. I've Got To Find Out Who I Am..just for fun
  4. Till the Dawn...............................since I've often stayed up that late working on it
  5. What I've Been Looking For........often said in response to discovering articles
  6. When You Believe.......................there can be miracles
  7. I Will Survive...............................self-explanatory
  8. Therapy.......................................to deal with stress and perfectionism it triggers
  9. Bad Day......................................it often contributes to these
  10. Where's the Party Tonight............somewhere down the road
  11. We Are The Champions..............er...I will be when I finish
  12. I Want the Good Times Back......ain't dat the truth
  13. Here it Goes Again......................mental prepping myself every time I open the doc
  14. Peach Tree Street........................I love this song, plus it reminds me of AAMFT
  15. Catch My Disease.......................I think anyone who chooses a thesis has a problem
  16. You Raise Me Up.......................it does forward me professionally
  17. At the Beginning..........................we call it the introduction
  18. For Good...................................I'm trying to be friends with my thesis
  19. You're Everywhere.....................if I work on it too long, it haunts me in my regular life
  20. Put Your Records On.................Reminder to let my hair down...or put my 801 hat on
  21. Accidentally In Love...................some days I do enjoy parts of it
  22. Can't Take That Away From Me..so there thesis
  23. Tune Out....................................I generally try to tune out thoughts of working on it
  24. Come So Far.............................But still had a long way to go
  25. Bye, Bye, Bye............................Finishing it up
  26. Part of Your World....................Your world being my professor's world of academia
  27. Let Us All Press On...................Enduring to the end
  28. Every Story Is A Love Story......This story would not make a good chick flick
  29. Breaking Free............................Celebrating getting it all done



2 comments:

Dawnie said...

So random...I LOVE IT!!

Unknown said...

This made me laugh out loud.