Today is my roommate Jenny's favorite holiday: Pi Day! So, in honor of 3.14 (both the number and the date), I anticipate celebrating in sundry ways. To show respect for the number pi, I plan to finish my thesis and do my statistics homework. And because pies are awesome, I hope to make several forms of pie, with my roommate Charlotte making several others. I have the means of making chicken pot pie, shepherd's pie, chocolate cream pie and apple pie. We are also planning to go to lunch at Your Pie, where they are charging only 3.14 for pizza today.
Also, last night we made a huge banner with the inscription "3.14 4-EVER". The 3.14 was it's own line above the 4-EVER. And the 4-EVER was made of numbers or mathematical symbols. The 4 is obvious. The two 'E's are backwards 3s, the V is a less-than sign, and the R is actually r-squared. So it looks like a mathematical equation. I'm pretty proud of it.
Also, last night we made a huge banner with the inscription "3.14 4-EVER". The 3.14 was it's own line above the 4-EVER. And the 4-EVER was made of numbers or mathematical symbols. The 4 is obvious. The two 'E's are backwards 3s, the V is a less-than sign, and the R is actually r-squared. So it looks like a mathematical equation. I'm pretty proud of it.
So...Happy Pi Day!

No comments:
Post a Comment