Saturday, October 9, 2010

Delighting in nerdiness

This morning I spent some time with two of my colleagues, as we were walking across campus I mentioned a lecture I'd heard about and was hoping to attend. I was told I was a nerd. Fair enough. Then later, as I was taking off to go and work on school work I was met with this comment, "You are an inspiration. After this weekend I'm going to go into nerd mode." Thank you...? I love it. My coding lab coworkers and I were all delighted to commence being trained in new coding scales starting yesterday and recognized the nerdiness in out excitement over learning new scales, including various dyadic coalitions. It makes me smile mischievously just thinking about it. It's a good life.

1 comment:

Marietta said...

Allison, I hope you know that when I called you a nerd, I really meant it with the utmost respect. I love that you can say that about yourself and embrace it. Cause the truth be told I would so rather be a nerd than a cool kid, because then I can be what I want to be and I don't have to try to conform. So yes, you are an inspiration to me and i love you!