Much to my chagrin, I learned that the packet of readings given me was not what I had hoped for. It wasn't congruent with the readings assigned on a colleague's syllabus that I was adapting mine from. And the packet I had seemed rather old and outdated and didn't contain the caliber of readings I hoped (or in other words, all the readings were either Ensign articles or written by the same professor a long time ago). So I'm hoping it was given me by mistake or that I can avoid having to teach from it/make my students buy it. Anyway, class preparation was fun and I got to share a table with my friend Shan.
From there I went to the JFSB. I visited the SFL office to mention my dilemma with the readings packet and also checked out an ipod full of media clips that will hopefully be useful to me in my teaching. Then I went to the coding lab and worked for a little over three hours.
Then I went and played racquetball with some classmates. Awesome. It was my first time playing. I kinda loved it. And I was kinda horrible at it. I found I enjoyed it most when I screamed out as I hit the ball. Especially since the sound echoes so well in those little courts. The sounds were great. You'd hear a racquet hit the ball, the ball hit the wall, and then I'd yell out "RARR!...nope" as I would swing and completely miss the ball. Then you'd hear my partner laugh. So fun. And those courts are sweet. Just a bunch of walls and a teeny little door to crawl though. I want a room like that in my house.
Anyway...now I'm home and showered and am probably going to read some more or maybe prepare a powerpoint for Thursday's parenting group. Good times.
No comments:
Post a Comment