Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Homeward bound

I'm noticing a pattern. I always stay up too late procrastinating the night before leaving town. Tomorrow I'm heading down to AZ for my first Thanksgiving at home since my senior year of high school back in 2001. If I recall correctly, it was over that Thanksgiving weekend that I saw the movie White Christmas for the first time. The song 'Sisters' is one of my ringtones and will be the alarm that I will wake up to in the morning.

The plan is to take off at around 7:30am. Which isn't terribly early, but its early-ish. Especially since that time is less than 7 hours away and I still have to pack. And read 50 pages and do reading summaries for one class before I leave. Dang. I should have started hours ago. But I didn't. Because I'm procrastinating. I similarly stayed up late procrastination on Thursday night before going to Oregon. It has happened time and time again. Oh well. I'll end up being productive soon. I've already made a packing list. I'll post this blog. Then I'll start packing. Then I'll go to bed. Arizona, I'll see you soon.

1 comment:

Pat Wick said...

Hope your visit here in Mesa is very special since you haven't enjoyed Thanksgiving here for so many years. Did you have a memorial service for your car? I would have sent--what do you send for a departed car?