Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Automatic everything

So there is a restroom in the Wilk that just amazes me.  Everything in it is automatic/motion-sensored.  It dispenses toilet paper automatically.  The toilet flushes automatically.  The sink and soap dispenser offer their goods without the need of human touch.  And there is a new high tech hand dryer that turns on automatically when your hands are inserted and blows the wetness off your hands.  And in case you still feel germy after your touch-free handwashing and drying experience, there is an automatic hand sanitizer dispenser beside the door.  It's kina weird.  And as I ponder my feelings towards this tricked out restroom, I can't decide if I want to rant about how  ridiculous it is, or wrote Kip.  And since I'm too tired to think, I'll do the later.  Although I will have it be known that I do not in actuality agree with the sentiment expressed in many contexts, including this one.  But still...

Yes I love technology 
But not as much as you, you see 
But I still love technology 
Always and forever


3 comments:

Ashley Seil Smith said...

ok, i went into this one the other day for the first time and it FREAKED me out! i kept talking to the automated stuff in it, i couldn't help it. My twin Allison was there and she was like "You were talking to yourself a lot..."

Kristi Quist said...

whoa! which restroom? I wanna go - just to try the new hand dryer! I had no idea BYU was considering switching over to newer technology in our restroom areas. Aren't we getting so high tech.

Valerie said...

Which one is it?