Monday, April 7, 2008
why is it so easy...
to procrastinate? Today I had an appointment with a teacher scheduled for 2:30 to discuss a paper that should have been written weeks, if not months ago. I got up early today to write it. I ended up spending most of that time wasting time. And then I started working on my paper 30 minutes before my first class. And then I noticed that I had a new message in my email inbox. It was my teacher asking if we could reschedule our meeting for either later today (at 5:20) or else on Wednesday. So much for accountability. Originally we were supposed to have met last Wednesday. I was supposed to have turned in a rough draft for peer review the Saturday or two before that. In many ways I'm incredibly grateful that I've had so many unsolicited extensions, but now that I have the available time to do the work I want to be held accountable. Granted, what I really need is the discipline to hold myself accountable and get done what all I need to do. I opted for the earlier of the meeting times with my teacher. So I should have plenty of time this afternoon...well, really only 3 free hours...but time enough to put together a working draft. And this week should allow enough flexibility to spend a few hours a day to make needed improvements. Well, I'd better get back to writing. Because even with a few extra hours, 15 pages is a lot to write, especially when I'm still not quite sure what I'll be writing about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
allison, this is not just you. i've had the hardest time getting a good start on this blasted thing. it was only yesterday that i busted out anything worthwhile. i meet with her on Wed. (after i was supposed to meet with her LAST wed.) and hope to have it finished and actually looking good by then. sooo...i feel ya. good luck. (but don't read this because you'll get distracted!)
I just got another email from my teacher moving the conference to Wednesday. But I have a good 16 pages written now and am just barely getting to the meat of it. At least I have a good start now to build on before then. Good times.
Post a Comment